Don’t miss this incomparable walking tour at the hand of our local and professional guide, who will share with you, among others, valuable information of which you undoubtedly will take great advances during your stay.
Our walking through Bruges will enchant you from the beginning on with all its mysterious stories and beauty captivating your attention.
Bruges is an exceptionally well kept medieval town, not to say the best-preserved and its colorful and unique architecture surrounds it with magical harmony.
On this Free tour we will visit:
- The ancient city wall park
- Markt Square, the tenth century city market and its bellfort tower, which is one of the most famous Gothic buildings in Belgium.
- Burg Square, the political heart of the city. Admire the oldest Gothic city hall of the Low Countries, the Basilica of the Holy Blood (it treasures a relic of the blood of Jesus Christ), and the civil register built in Renaissance architecture.
- VisMarkt (fishmarket) and the Tanners’ Square, two of the oldest squares in Bruges.
- GroeningeMuseum (possibility to enter the museum and see the paintings of the Flemish Primitives).
- Our Lady of Bruges is one of the oldest churches of the city.
- Old St. John’s Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals in Europe, where you can appreciate 800 years of European architecture, learn about its history, and visit the museum of Hans Memling (optional).
- Brewery “De Halve Maan” is the only brewery still operating in the city center.
- The Beguinage. Visit one of the best-preserved examples of medieval gated communities in which only women could live.
- The “Lake of Love” is one of the main water reservoirs that nourish the canal system of “the Venice of the North”.
As you can see, in these approximate 2 hours of tour, we will guide you through the most representative places of Bruges, informing you about the most significant historical events of this beautiful city. Please do not forget to expose all your questions to our expert guide, who will be more than glad to answer any of them.
Grote Markt of Bruges (Markt), in front of the Belfry.
Ask us and we will help email@example.com